Saturday, October 22, 2011

Confidence

I believe in a sense of confidence.  I know that there are things I'm good at and I'm more aware of the things I'm not good at.  Most things that I don't do properly, it's not because I can't, it's usually because I don't care enough.  How do I know this?  Because I usually stay away from the things I'm not good at.  There's no point in embarrassing myself doing something I know I'm not getting any better at.  But I do believe in confidence.  If you don't believe in your own abilities, no one will. Though I've seen some people become completely arrogant, I do admire the fact that they at least believe in themselves.  I don't think I'm exceptionally good at any one thing.  No I'm not fishing for compliments at all and please don't bring up the writing thing because I see so many things that can be worked on, that exceptional would not be my ideal word to describe this.  Regardless of that, I do think that I can do the things I want to do if I put my mind to it.  The thing with arrogance though is that idea that there's nothing to improve upon.  I don't really like that too much.  I will never be that great of a writer that my ass doesn't recognize that there are better writers.  There is no room for arrogance in a world where perfection does not exist.


Moving forward, the reason I say this, is because I notice some people think they're way better at certain things than they are.  Look, everything isn't for everyone.  I can't draw.  I can't commit to events and sometimes people.  I cannot pretend to care when I don't (which is a talent I really wish I had).  I cannot turn my back on someone I loved.   When I say that sh.t is unconditional, I mean it. There's plenty of things I cannot do.  But there are a few things, I can.  Know what you can do and build upon that.  Who cares that I can't draw?  Sheesh. I can construct a sentence though.  There's too many people running around saying that they can't do anything.  If that's the case, then start doing something.  Dabble in different things until you find one that you feel the slightest bit of confidence in.  It's very hard for anyone to believe that you have self esteem without an understanding of self.  I'm just saying, you deserve to know how wonderful you are.  You just have to tap into it first.

No comments: