Sunday, October 2, 2011

your shoes don't fit

I had a dream last night.  You were running and your shoes kept falling off.  I should have known then that you couldn't fill the shoes of the man who let you borrow them in the first place.  I was behind you and I couldn't tell if I was chasing you or running with you, but either way, I noticed you didn't look back.  But when I woke up this morning still exhausted, it was apparent that the chase was not made for me.  And while I believe in working hard for the things that you want, I don't believe that love was made to work hard but more so made to work consistently.  


You're going to keep running and falling out of those shoes and I will eventually have to find the man who they actually belong to, because I'm pretty sure, that's who I belong to instead. 

No comments: