Tuesday, September 7, 2010

an amazing day




me & and my twin sister
oh i almost forgot, i can talk about my birthday!!! there's been several accounts, all true and verified...please visit Christina's Blog or Sioban's Blog for their versions.  unfortunately you probably missed the twitter comments which were HILARIOUS. actually they were so funny, i might have to copy and paste them into this post.  anyway, after sobering up, i realize that i had the time of my life on my birthday and finally the untouched photos are here. for the sake of every one's careers and chances to get into the heavenly gates, i can only post a few pics that describe the night as it was - jovial, loving and inebriated. i don't want this to sound like an award speech but i will say that i am truly blessed to know the people that i do. and it is nothing short of a miracle that they love me every day, not just my birthday.  since i'm so glad that the purpose was achieved, the purpose being celebrating the women that inspire me by the yin and the yang of enjoyment, my next birthday will only get bigger and better. all photos by danielle ramsay. visit her here. [i know i've given a lot of instructions today but i wouldn't tell u if i didn't think all these women didn't have a great impact on who i am and what i write here everyday to you. oh and i didn't include any pictures from the club. like i said, we're trying to get into heaven.]


sin city where sinning looks good
smiles
we made it to the spa. and then they made us wear these outfits looking like lawn arrangements.  we are approaching water with caution because we're women of color.


silly girls
cutie patooties
we didn't discuss the pose apparently
smiling and eating is an art
poolside 
bathing suit proper
spa castle wasn't ready for us but no one ever is!
is that a nap before the festivities?
isn't she beautiful?
one of the best candids from the night
the birthday girl isn't dressed yet!
vanity is a sin, just pray about it in the morning.
together, they're a problem
how pretty.
ladies, the club requires shoes, but our friendship requires 4in or better
big sis.
north philadelphia never looked so good
my other half
we are trying to get it together. keyword, trying.
 look at all those shades of brown. as we're about to hit the town. what a sight to see. fabulous women. happy birthday to me!
by far, one of my favorite pictures in LIFE. why? because this is an epic display of sisterhood.

2 comments:

Styles4u_Remixed said...

Looks like in the pic above that they're helping you get ready for your wedding...Great story...well written of course...

ACNimmons said...

I never comment on your blogs because I feel like my whole "rock on" or "you go girl" bouts would be tacky and unnecessary, lol (although I always have my share of encouraging thoughts), but I just had to say that you all looked absolutely stunning and it looks like you had an amazing time. Kudos for bringing in your new year in a beautiful way! :) And since this is my one exception (well until you make me feel compelled to say something else!), your words are inspiring and I love reading your blogs. Thanks for sharing all this beautiful writing with the world!