Tuesday, September 28, 2010

day 21 challenge

a picture of something that makes me happy...just one picture?
one picture isn't enough so i'll add two pictures that represent the same thing.


these two pictures are like the series finale of my undergraduate career.  i met the two girls in the first picture in 2004 as a freshman.  then i got pregnant with the little girl in the second picture at the beginning of 2005.  i dropped out of school. i dropped out of school.  i said that twice for a reason. that was the biggest decision i've made to date. i was supposed to be going to school to and i had dropped out, against all types of advice. now most people are going to say, "nobody gets pregnant by accident, you should have taken precautions." yeah yeah. you swear you have it all figured out but you don't. mini me was conceived on BIRTH CONTROL. unfortunately a counter effect of taking it with steroids for a pre-existing condition meant that it would no longer work, hence conception.  that smile you see is a walking miracle. she's that 2% that's in the fine print.  ::wipes forehead:: that was a big confession. i usually let people think i'm irresponsible or that i was so deep in love that i couldn't see straight but five years after the fact, there's no better time for the facts.
moving right along.
i graduated about three weeks before her and though i'm not one for ceremonies, there was no better feeling than holding my daughter's diploma in my hand. the baby that shouldn't have made it did and not only did she make it, she excelled.  i was probably happier holding her diploma than my own. my diploma was the plan all along so there was no surprise there but hers? that was miracle number two.  what i'm trying to say is that what makes me happiest is not necessarily my achievements, but hers. 

3 comments:

Q. said...

tears :)

Q. said...

tears :)

Cherelle D. W. said...

Seriously, tears for real...you're proably like wtf is she doing? Yea I'm taking my time and reading them.