Thursday, September 30, 2010

no he did not.

"oh. he can tweet but he can't text me back? hmm. ok. i'm just gonna delete his number since he clearly does not use it. hmph!" shakes head in disapproval.

how many of us ladies have thought it or said it? you know i have. but before i start this rant on men who cannot communicate like women, let me just say this, "just because someone doesn't love [text, call or any other type of affection that you believe shows they care] you the way you want them to, it doesn't mean they're not loving you with all they have." now i don't know who said that and i don't know what year they said it but it's obvious it wasn't recently.  because nowadays, with at least 15 different ways of communication, women are looking for men to use every single one. mamita, it's not gonna happen. [and when i use the term women, i'm talking about all of us, either when we were younger or when we get older or when we find that guy that makes us lose our wits, we all fall victim to it, but it's necessary to learn so let's just go ahead and embrace it].

it is in my experience that i find that women are GREAT at multitasking. we can go to work, drop the kids off at school, do laundry, pay bills and send a text to him [the him in your life] just to let him know that in the midst of all our crazy, we're still thinking about him.  but men? not so much. when they're at work, they're at work, when they're working out, they're working out and that's it.  now this is not too say, they won't squeeze you in from time to time on a slow day or when they genuinely have you on their mind but there are days, a lot of days that he's just not going to communicate with you like your homegirls do and that's absolutely fine because he's not your homegirl. now, i'm sure someone out there is saying but he's my friend too so we should be able to do that. you're absolutely right, the best relationships are just really good friends with good sex too but and this is a big BUT, not every friend serves the same purpose.  i have friends that i can go shopping with, i have friends that i can go to the bookstore with, i have friends i can take naps with but not every friend will do everything. so why would we put that hefty responsibility on him?

men don't communicate like us and they never will. surely, they compromise sometimes so they don't have to receive the brunt of our attitude but recognize that he's going out of his way to do that and if it doesn't happen every day, we can still appreciate that he tried yesterday.  but it does take some getting used to. if you're anything like me, i have close female friends, quite a few actually. i'm blessed to have those wonderful ladies in my life.  because they're in my life, i've gotten used to a certain way of communicating. we talk ALL the time, whether it's texting, tweeting, calling, skyping, emailing, i have a constant line of communication with my female friends.  since those relationships are predominant in my life, i carry it with me in other relationships i'm pursuing simply because of its habitual nature.  i've come to realize that though that he [whoever he may be at the time] and my female friends are two entirely different relationships. he does certain things and they do certain things. i don't get mad at my female friends when they don't call within twelve hours then why would i get mad at him for those things? why the double standard? maybe he's just busy, maybe he's asleep, maybe he really just forgot to respond. whatever.

that being said, it still bothers the f.ck out of me that you can't text me back but you can tweet FROM THE SAME PHONE you received my text message on.  when you look deeper into it, it's not really the tweeting that bothers me, it's how i've perceived the tweeting.  it feels like the tweeting has taken precedence, like twitter and me are in some kind of competition and i'm the damn runner up. to a man, i'm sure this sounds crazy but since women are so used to putting the people in their lives before everything else, sometimes actually all the time it would feel nice for him to do the same thing.

note: as soon as i pressed submit on this post, my text message came. the universe has a sense of humor i see.

5 comments:

SneaK said...

lol, makes sense. you go to post on twitter, i know you seen the notification for the text. As trivial as us men perceive it to be, an instance like this can be justified. Assuming, of course, that YOUR text wasn't caught in the whirlwind of other texts/emails/notifications.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you tass sometimes we expect so much from them forgetting they are just as human as we are and how would we feel if the wheels where turned.....real talk

Anonymous said...

"Your Biggest Fan"- You should write advice columns, because Im dealing with that now, or at least I used to. I deleted my main guy's fone number because he was BARELY texting me and BARELY calling me... and we WERE NOT seeing each other.We were "dating"... but i couldnt do it anymore... and SO i deleted the fool's number. I just dont see how this is going to work, because I feel that if you really wanna speak to someone you will. SMH

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask you... what do you think? I trust your opinion- "your biggest fan"

Anonymous said...

o and thank you for ur advice... we did end up talking... and the outcome was GReat!... i am super happy and.. well the rest is history... u were so right...
your biggest fan