Tuesday, October 19, 2010

day 29 challenge

i didn't forget about my challenge. the question is what have i learned in the last month.  i'm wondering if it's what have i learned in the month of october or the thirty some odd days it's taken me to complete this challenge.  either way i've learned plenty.

-i thought letting go was hard and it is but loving someone is harder. loving someone with their flaws and their hangups, loving them when they are cruel and when they lie, loving them when you can't even recognize them? - that's hard and if i can do that, i can let go.
-consistency is good or bad in context. just because i've been doing something for however long doesn't make it right, healthy or progressive.  it just makes me consistent and depending on what it is, it might make me a consistent fool.
-my comfort level with one individual is so high that it actually makes me uncomfortable.  in the midst of all that, i've used comfort and love interchangeably and it has done nothing good for us.
-if i can get past the yelling, i'm pretty sure my parents have something worthy to say.
-i'm not an option. [sounds simple but it's easily forgotten]
-my vocabulary is very important to my success. i have to stop calling the things i want dreams and refer to them as reality.

i'm sure or at least i hope i learned more than that, but so far, so good.

No comments: