Monday, October 18, 2010

i love college

alumni/homecoming weekend.
had a blast.
didn't do anything.
absolutely nothing.
wore some really cute outfits.
took NO pictures.
hugged a lot of people.
people i've loved since 2004.
wished that i would have nurtured more relationships.
but still no love lost.
partied in the street. partied in the house. partied inside my spirit.
there's something insanely beautiful about seeing people grow and change right in front of you.
the ladies? gorgeous. amazing. talented. the reason i became a woman in the first place.
i couldn't help but be inspired
the younger ladies? i could only hope that i served as a positive reference to them.  no 'hating' here.
it just takes some of us longer to locate our beauty because too many people spend their time trying to make us feel ugly.
the men? well they are just handsome and they know it. they know their worth.  it's the only thing we should borrow from them.
they are also successful and ambitious. who doesn't want a man like that? only the girls that grew up with him when he didn't even know what those two words meant. he'll make a woman happy one day, just not us.  we're too busy in the friend zone because college taught us the value of being platonic.
the makeup, the shoes, the laughs, the hugs, the fights, the cocoloso...we're a family.
a dysfunctional family.
a family that is surrounded by prosperity, good health and the supreme possibility that we can do anything we put our minds to.
it's all love.
and that's invaluable, even when sallie mae puts a price on it.
tu motherf.cker.

p.s. i didn't take any pictures. just memories.

1 comment:

Dunni said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I swore off spring fling & next year's homecoming, but this makes me remember why I go--we really are family (for the most part lol) & unless you went to TU, experienced TU, you just don't get it. It's unlike anything else and only the people who went there, experienced it know what that "it" is. I love my alma mater, but I love the people there more.

And I am UPSET I didn't take any pictures, b/c I damn sure looked good BOTH nights. Hmph.