Sunday, October 31, 2010

what is dating?

on dictionary.com i didn't get any results in the manner in which i'm speaking.  i decided to look up courting instead which was defined as 'to seek another's love.'  whatever that means.

i think dating is one step of many.  if you like someone, that's cool and all but if you want something more from them, even something you haven't defined, then you might need to date to get there.  dating is what happens after liking you. maybe i want your sex, maybe i want you to be my man, maybe i want you to marry me.  the point is that dating is however long it takes me to convince you to give me what i want.  dating is not over, it's just that most of us don't require it anymore.  me personally, i like long walks in the park, lounging in bed and watching movies. dating is what we do when we're interested, when we want to see where liking you goes. dating is a choice. and if you really think no one's doing it, then you haven't been chosen yet.

1 comment:

Krystal G. said...

The hard part is for the person to figure out what exactly they want in the first place. I find that I want different things from different people when I'm dating. I may want one guy to be relaxed, the other I'd like much better if he wasn't so laid back. It all depends I guess.