Saturday, October 2, 2010

the sun is out

it's 8:12 am and i'm up on a saturday and not for church either.  day 2 of this humbling experience. can you tell i'm tired?
 

you probably can't read what my mug says but it's very befitting for the day ahead of me.
"Fill up your cup, you're always on duty!!!" one of my best friends, quise, gave it to me the day i graduated for mother's day, which only had me bawling in that paper mache gown. needless to say, it's gonna be a long day. 

so if you think you're going to see that letter to my parents as my day 24 challenge tonight, you got another thing coming, actually, it's not coming at all.

but an assignment to myself for my missed work in light of my humble duties, i will say this.
it is obvious that i didn't choose my parents but they chose me. whether we get along or not, i will always appreciate that my mother decided to bring me full term because she certainly didn't have to.  though i am their child, i'm not a child and that is the source of much conflict.  however, my parents are responsible and that's more than i can say for most. so whether or not, we agree on the lifestyle i'm trying to live, the fact remains, that i have a choice in my lifestyle because of the decisions they made.  thank you baby Jesus. oh yeah thanks mom and dad.

No comments: