Friday, July 16, 2010

come with me.

sometimes, you gotta make a n.gga come to his knees
literally, figuratively, metaphorically, spiritually and any other kind of 'ly' you can come up with
because that's what it takes
for a blind man to see
and i believe men should only take a knee for three reasons...
one - to pray
two- to apologize
and three - to propose...

yet and still, their egos have them standing tall knocking us down
leaving us in rubbles only comparable to the roman ruins (notice the pyramids of egypt are still standing)
i find myself broken and shattered
being discussed historically
while i'm very much alive
somewhere in the catastrophe that no living person witnessed but somehow knows

i find myself trapped between the living and the dead
carrying the weight of souls left behind that can't pass on
because they didn't complete the journey they came here for in the first place
so now we're in limbo dancing over technicalities and misspelled words
only to find that what is done cannot be undone
and you might as well get comfortable in limbo because heaven doesn't want you and hell doesn't allow luggage

he has ripped me to shreds that i no longer recognize
and feelings are recycled but the tangible items are burned
to spare the evidence of you ever being here

you destroy me
me, who was an empire, majestic in my own wake and royal down to the balls of my feet
you move me
to the part in history books that we now call the 'fine print' that's never fine because it's never really printed

you nourish me because you won't let me live but you refuse to kill me all the way
so i keep coming back wounded, too strong to die and too weak to live a complete life
and i'm shattered...shattered into pieces in sandboxes across the nation and in stars across the night sky
you have shattered me into a million pieces...
and you have them all
so in a sense, in your hands, i am made whole again

as you lift me up the sky on your two knees, in those two hands of yours and in those million pieces
i'm not sure if you've come to pray, to apologize or to propose something i've never heard before
but nonetheless, i'm just glad you're here because sometimes,
you've gotta make a n.gga come to his knees
literally, figuratively, metaphorically, spiritually and any other kind of 'ly' you can come up with.

No comments: