Thursday, July 22, 2010

if i knew then what i know now.

"what God put together, let no man put asunder."

i've been replaying moments in my mind like a movie. pausing and rewinding to things that went right over my head. sometimes i even feel guilty for throwing away things brought to me by a higher being because it wasn't the right time, place or person. when i watch the movie in my head, i realize it's my heart that's doing the most commentary.  you should have said this tass or you shouldn't have done that. but either way, what's done is done and whether i'm the main character or the supporting actress, the show must go on.  there is no room for guilt, shame or defeat.  there is only room for more tape so we can continue filming this episode we call life.  as much as we would like to go back to moments and change the script, what we've done is not the final review of who we will be.

some decisions were not easy, some were even unforgivable. but all of them were made with what i knew then, not now.  hindsight is 20/20 but while we're living, we can only see what's right in front of us, feel what's behind us and hope that someone who loves us, will be right beside us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swear to you, everything that you write, is my life story. This post made me cry.