Tuesday, July 27, 2010

rubber ducks.

it sounded like waterfalls in my shower today. it started as a blue bath, royal like the Caribbean seas way past the point of buoys and sailboats.  first i dipped my pink toes and high arches in the warm water.  i watched my ankles submerge in the shallow ripples.  the heat of the water sank into my pores and the tingling let me know i'm alive still.  i bent my knees to put the rest of my body in and took a seat on the white ceramic under that blue water. my breasts peaked up above the water line where the two elements met each other to compromise.  my body melted into the tub and while it took a rest, my mind caught up to share a dance with my emotions.

the soundtrack went a little like this...
baby you have to be in love
cuz hate can't keep up with you
and sex can't hold you down
you're in a tough spot somewhere between heaven and shame
and you've got your legs open just to ease the pain
they say you've got your heart on your sleeve
covering up the bruises on your arm
little do they know it's the tattoo that made you bleed
sit still this may take a while
mistaken for a scar or a sentence
they don't know the ink is for a child
sit down sweetheart
just take your time
in the morning, it will be alright
and the minute that you learn love is not a game
you'll realize you never lost...

i let the cold shower run over my hot bath and made waterfalls within tiles which only taught me that it is quite possible to feel fireworks in my spirit and butterflies in my belly. i can fall in love again. but i have to get up first. i have to get up first. naked but i have to get up first.